Mobile WiFi Hotspots
WiFi hotspots are great when more devices need access to the internet. rather than relying on a phone to tether to, multiple users can use a WiFi hotspot. This is essentially a Mobile Broadband modem with a WiFi Access Point into one unit. There are a number of WiFi hotspots available ranging from industrial units that can be installed in a public vehicle like a bus, train or ferry and allow users to connect to the internet using WiFi on their devices. Others are portable and can be used in a corporate setting where people work on a project on a short term basis and need access to their corporate resources, for instance Auditors at a clients office.
One model can be the Netcomm NTC-40wv. This has the Mobile Broadband build in and allows for external antennas for the RF and WiFi. It also has a phone feature to connect a Polycom phone for voice conferences.
For more portable units, Netgear has the ultimate unit with Top Speed and Exceptional Features
The AirCard 790S is NETGEAR’s first Category 6 capable LTE mobile hotspot which uses carrier aggregation technology to aggregate up to 40 MHz of bandwidth along with 802.11ac Wi-Fi to deliver theoretical download speeds of 300Mbps.
This lightweight portable hotspot supports up to 15 Wi-Fi enabled devices simultaneously,
and with the ability to automatically switch between 3G and 4G, it allows you to stay continuously connected anytime, anywhere. It’s also equipped with a 2.4” color touchscreen so that you can easily check data usage, connection status and manage settings. The AirCard 790S mobile hotspot integrates simplicity, usability, and reliability, making it one of the best mobile companions to suit your busy on-the-go lifestyle.
The optional cradle has the following Features:
- Built-in 4G/3G Wireless WAN antennas to significantly boost signals and extend coverage indoors and in areas with low signal strength.
- 802.11ac Dual-Band and Dual-Concurrent Wi-Fi (DBDC) for improved performance and reduced interference.
- Connects up to 20 Wi-Fi devices simultaneously.
- 2 external high-gain Wi-Fi antennas to extend Wi-Fi range.
- Beamforming+ to improve wireless range and reliability.
- 4 Gigabit LAN ports to provide tethered Internet connectivity for your home or office NAS or desktop computer.
- 1 Gigabit WAN port to provide main or failover connectivity.
- 1 USB 3.0 port enabling ReadySHARE® USB storage and printer access.
- Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA) certified for easy data sharing and video streaming on DLNA-capable devices.
- 2 TS-9 connectors available for optional 4G/3G antennas.
- Quick to setup and use.
There are many other options for WiFi hotspots available, please contact us to discuss your requirements.