Manage, Monitor and Maintain your Deployment
With a deployment of LTE enterprise gateways, you need to stay informed of important information like mobile data usage and failover status. In addition, you need to maintain device configurations, update device software, and remotely diagnose reported issues. Sierra Wireless have developed a solution called AirLink Management Service (ALMS) which is the industry’s leading* device management solution. This highly advanced application supports over-the-air device registration, configuration and software updates. Dashboards display up-to-date views of the entire deployment, and custom reports can be set-up to monitor critical events and prevent downtime.
*ABI Research has ranked ALMS as “Best in Class” among competing device management services.
The AirLink Management Service (ALMS) M2M Cloud is the only integrated set of services providing companies everything they need to create and operate their connected products and services. Get your service to market faster and take the risk out of scaling with AirLink Management Service.
Simple connection to wireless devices
Secure data transmission to the cloud and embedded application frameworks provide all the tools you need to quickly and securely acquire machine data over any mobile network.
Secure big data infrastructure
Collect, organize and store all of your machine data. Easily access raw data streams or summarized business information. All backed by global, secure, fault tolerant datacenters.
Rapid integration to the enterprise
Rapidly build your mobile or web applications against the AirLink Management Service REST APIs or extract raw data into your enterprise systems and analytics tools.
Secure transmission of data from the device to the cloud
- Fault-tolerant data transmission using OMA-DM, encrypted M3DA and MQTT protocols.
- Support for device-initiated communication models, and VPN services increases data security during transmission.
Data collection, storage and analysis services available via REST APIs provide a variety of ways to access your data.
- All the data access APIs you need to build mobile or web applications and extract raw data for analysis.
- Based on the proven Apache Hadoop cloud architecture, designed to handle data-intensive applications.
- Rules-based and algorithmic data processing transforms raw data into ready-to-use information for your applications.
- Email and Webhook notifications provide integration a wide range of enterprise IT software applications.
- Store and forward high volume device events reliably to the enterprise using our data queuing integration option
Backed by secure, fault-tolerant data centers.
- Member of the Cloud Security Alliance (CSA). Independently audited and committed to providing the highest level of data security.
- Secured with 2-factor authentication (badge and biometric) and monitored 24/7/365 with alarms and cameras.
- Tier III configured redundant UPS and backup generation systems.
- SAS70 Type II, CICA5970, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, and ISO 14001 certified.
- Globally distributed centers in North America and Europe.
Fast deployment of new connected machines:
- Comprehensive configuration and management features for AirPrime® modules and AirLink® gateways.
- Templates and advanced management features allow batch deployment and configuration of newly deployed devices.
- Schedule periodic reports or alerts.
- Available as a sophisticated web application for your operations team or as a set of REST APIs for integration with existing management tools.
Powerful monitoring reduces downtime:
- At-a-glace management using the industry’s most powerful dashboards.
- Track key connectivity status parameters like radio signal strength and 2G/3G/4G wireless service type.
- Receive alerts for mission critical events minimizing any downtime.
Over-the-Air (OTA) upgrades future proof your investment:
- Upgrade module and gateway firmware as well as embedded software applications.
- Real-time monitoring of batch upgrade campaigns.
- Perform other device control actions over-the-air including reboot, configure, wake-up, send SMS & AT commands.
AirVantage has integrated some of the most common wireless service SIM management actions for a number of mobile network operators around the globe. This provides a single API that can manage deployments across multiple network operators worldwide:
- Depending on the underlying operator you can activate the wireless service rate plan, suspend service or change rate plans when unexpected usage occurs.
- Integrated mobile network operator partners include: Vodafone, Verizon, AT&T, Sprint, Orange, Telenor, Telus, Rogers, kpn.
- Automatically connect Sierra Wireless’ AirPrime modules and AirLink gateways and modems out-of-the-box. All device parameters can be configured and monitored through our operations management interfaces.
- Connect any third party hardware using standard protocols including MQTT, HTTP Post, and OMA-DM.
- Add intelligence where the data is collected using our embedded application frameworks for modules (OpenAT and Legato) and gateways (ALEOS).